Huntsville Car Accident Attorney
For most people, the question is not if they will get into a car accident, but when. If you were recently involved in a serious collision in Huntsville, Alabama, you are not alone. The car accident lawyers at Conchin, Cloud & Cole, LLC can help you work through the details of your case, from determining fault to negotiating a settlement with an insurance company. We understand the difficulties your family is going through in the aftermath of an accident. We can help you take back your life.
Why Choose Us?
- Our Huntsville car accident attorneys have spent over 100 combined years helping victims with serious injuries throughout Alabama and the U.S.
- Our law firm is recognized in Northern Alabama for its commitment, skill, experience and impressive case results.
- Our clients only pay if we secure financial compensation. You will not pay a dime if we do not win your car accident case.
Why Hire a Huntsville Car Accident Lawyer?
You have the option to represent yourself during car accident claims in Huntsville, Alabama. With exceptional personal injury lawyers like those at Conchin, Cloud & Cole, LLC available on a contingency-fee basis, however, there’s no reason to risk your recovery. Our Huntsville car accident attorneys have the experience, resources, and courtroom skills to get the most out of your claim. You don’t pay for our legal services unless we win you financial compensation.
These legal services include:
- Personal, one-on-one consultations with lead attorneys, free and at no obligation
- Client counseling regarding personal injuries and related topics
- Car accident investigations and evidence preservation/collection
- Interviews and statements from eyewitnesses to the crash
- Claims filing on your behalf within the state’s statute of limitations
- Drawing up appropriate documents and collecting records
- Car accident settlement negotiation with insurance companies
- Assistance with medical bills, collectors, and property damage repairs
- Communications with insurance claims adjusters
- Car accident trial by jury, if necessary for maximum compensation
Our Huntsville car accident attorneys aren’t afraid to do what’s necessary on behalf of our clients. We’ll treat your claim as if it were our own, exploring all potential opportunities and selecting the best route according to your needs and goals. Our lead car accident attorneys have earned numerous awards and national recognition for their high-quality legal services. Find out how we can help after a car accident in Huntsville – contact us today at (256) 705-7777 for a free consultation.
Alabama Car Accident Laws
As a driver, you are probably familiar with traffic laws and regulations, but not the laws regarding car accident claims. Car accident laws are in place to direct victims to the proper channels for recovering compensation. Each state has unique car accident laws that determine when, how and why a victim may file a civil claim, as well as how the claims process will proceed.
- Fault-based insurance laws. Like most states, Alabama uses tort-based insurance laws. A fault-based system means you will seek compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. If the at-fault driver does not have insurance or it was a hit-and-run, you will seek compensation from your insurance provider.
- Lawsuits based on negligence. Alabama’s fault laws give victims the power to file personal injury lawsuits outside of the car insurance system. A lawsuit could result in greater compensation for you and your family. To obtain recovery through a lawsuit, you or your attorney will need to prove the defendant’s negligence.
- Contributory negligence rules. Alabama is one of the few states that bar crash victims from recovery if they contribute even slightly to the accident. If a courtroom finds you even 1% at fault, you will lose your right to any compensation. Contributory negligence laws make it more important to trust your case with a car accident attorney.
Hiring a Huntsville car accident lawyer enables you to focus on your physical wellness and medical treatments, rather than a legal battle with an at-fault driver or another party. Your lawyer can take care of confusing legal processes and paperwork while you spend time with your family.
Types of Car Accidents
Although every crash is unique, types of accidents remain the same. Identifying your type of crash can help you determine who or what might have caused it – the first step toward obtaining compensation in Alabama. In our years of practice, we’ve come to recognize some types of auto accidents that happen more often than others in Huntsville. The following are some of the most common types:
- Rear-end collision
Rear-end collisions occur when one driver follows another too closely, often in congested traffic. Common injuries in these crashes include whiplash and other neck/back injuries from the motion of the neck and head.
- Intersection collisions
Huntsville intersections are often the settings for serious auto accidents, mostly when someone negligently fails to yield the right-of-way. Side-impact and head-on collisions at intersections can be deadly.
- Vehicle rollover
Rollovers can crush vehicle occupants and cause severe and fatal injuries to the head, brain, spinal cord, and organs. They often stem from head-on collisions or single-vehicle accidents in which one vehicle encountered a problem such as a tire blowout.
These are just three of the more common types of auto crashes we see at our Huntsville personal injury law firm. No matter what type of crash recently injured you or hurt a loved one, bring us onto your case. We will quickly evaluate your claim, identify signs of negligence, determine potential defendant(s), and tell you what we think your case might be worth. If you decide to proceed, we’ll start the process of filing your claim without delay.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Huntsville
The first and most important thing to do after an auto accident is to seek medical treatment if needed. If you don’t need medical treatment, stop and remain at the scene. Even after seemingly minor accidents, it is usually a good idea to call the police to get an accident report. Exchange basic information with the other driver including your contact and insurance information.It is a good idea to say very little to the other driver at the scene, and to keep the conversation strictly about the facts of the accident and avoid any speculation as to the cause of the accident and even whether or not you are injured.
If possible, document the accident scene and both vehicles with photographs. Also, take pictures of any obvious injuries. This helps establish the exact conditions of the scene immediately after the accident. Additionally, writing down your thoughts soon after the accident is a good idea to preserve details of the accident that may slip your memory later. If you are able to get contact information from others who witnessed the accident, this can be extremely useful in helping establish the facts of your case later.
Even if the accident was seemingly very minor, injuries can appear hours or days after an accident. It may be a good idea to consult a car accident attorney in Huntsville that provides for a free consultation to get an idea of whether pursuing legal action is a good idea at the time. A lawyer can help you understand the process better and help ensure that your rights are not compromised by the insurance company.
How Long Does an Alabama Car Accident Settlement Take?
One of the most common questions we receive from car accident victims in Huntsville is, “How long will the settlement process take?” Although the exact answer is unique for everyone, our attorneys can settle most simple car accident claims within three to four months. More complex cases, however, can take one year or longer to resolve. If your case needs to go to court to obtain full compensation, it will take longer to reach a resolution.
- First week. Report the accident to your insurance company right away – ideally within 72 hours of the accident. You should also seek medical attention.
- First 30 days. You must report your crash to the Alabama Department of Public Safety within 30 days if it caused a personal injury, death or more than $250 in property damages.
- First two years. Alabama’s statute of limitations gives victims two years from the date of the accident to file civil claims for property damage or personal injuries.
These are some of the most important deadlines when dealing with a Huntsville car accident case. Hiring a lawyer can expedite your case and ensure you abide by all relevant time limits. Your lawyer can help move an insurance company settlement or personal injury trial along for the fastest possible resolution to your case.
Get Immediate Legal Representation in Alabama Today
Auto accidents can be life changing for victims. They often cause serious, debilitating injuries such as broken bones, spinal cord injuries, or traumatic brain damage. It’s critical that those injured in Huntsville car accidents learn their rights and legal options. Taking legal action may be the only way to get the financial compensation victims to need to move forward after serious car crashes.
The lawyers at Conchin, Cloud & Cole, LLC care about crash victims and their families. We’re here to answer your questions, help you understand your rights, and seek maximum compensation in the face of another driver’s negligence. Our firm wants to help you through every step of the claims process, from talking to insurance companies to negotiating a larger settlement. We have years of experience and impressive case results to back us up. Call us to speak with a Huntsville car accident lawyer at (256) 705-7777 for a free case evaluation.