Huntsville Commercial and Business Litigation Attorney
Many businesses are too small to have a lawyer on retainer or on staff in their company. Even larger companies may occasionally require the services of an outside attorney to handle a particular issue. Whatever legal matters your company runs into, an experienced business litigation attorney at Conchin, Cloud & Cole, LLC can help make matters run more smoothly, save on costly claims, and recover compensation for the company when it is due.
Does My Company Need to Engage a Lawyer?
Many legal agreements can be made without engaging an attorney, with a little time and research. However, an attorney can help ensure that your agreements conform to the law and protect you from any losses in the future.
Here are some common circumstances where having an attorney can benefit a business:
- Beginning a new business. Whether you are forming a partnership agreement, starting an LLC, or forming a corporation, having an attorney help in the formation of your business can protect you down the road.
- Buying or selling a business. If you are purchasing another business, an experienced attorney can point out ways to ensure that the agreement specifies all that is being sold and the legal rights are of each party.
- When threatened with a lawsuit. Having an attorney go over some of your business practices from time to time can help avoid lawsuits, but if you are faced with a suit, an attorney can help protect your interests.
- Creating contracts. If you regularly engage in work requiring a contract, an attorney can help you create a standard contract for your business that can be adapted for individual clients.
- When another company is in breach of contract. When another company fails to live up to their obligations in a contract, you may be left with expensive repercussions. An experienced commercial attorney can help ensure that you receive compensation for your losses or enforce the terms of the contract.
Most businesses purchase insurance to cover them against claims and losses from a multitude of possible risks. Some businesses learn the hard way that paying a claim is the last thing many insurance companies want to do. An attorney can help establish the facts of the case and press the insurance company to pay the compensation your business is entitled to. Should it require going to court to ensure the claim is paid, an attorney is vital to taking your case to trial.
Real Estate Claims
Businesses often lease their office space. When property repairs are needed, or the terms of the lease are in question, getting an attorney involved will often help ensure that the business’ interests are protected. Should the landlord ultimately prove unwilling to provide needed repairs, an attorney can often help facilitate an early exit from the lease without incurring penalties.
While disputes with property owners, business owners, or those involved in a contract dispute can become heated, an attorney can help ensure that the matter is handled in a professional manner that does not jeopardize working relationships or reflect poorly on your organization. The Huntsville attorneys at Conchin, Cloud & Cole, LLC can work with your company to protect not only your interests, but your good name as well. Contact us today.