click here Learn more about Gary Conchin
Having grown up the son of devout educators in rural Madison County, Gary has never forgotten the simple yet enduring lessons of faith, integrity and hard work. As an all-county athlete and avid outdoorsman, he built lifelong friendships and associations with the kinds of people that make up the backbone of our country. However, he also saw how quickly those salt-of-the-earth people can be taken advantage of by large, faceless corporate entities. It was a deep calling to defend the rights of his friends and neighbors that became the motivating force behind Gary’s desire to go to law school. Working his way through law school allowed Gary to interact with experienced lawyers and judges while going to school to earn his degree. He honed his courtroom skills amongst some of the greatest litigators in Alabama’s history.
To this day, Gary believes the relationship with his clients is one of hallowed privilege within which trust, comfort and mutuality must be established as the structures of success. Once that bridge is constructed, the experience and dignity he brings to your case inspires the confidence that only an attorney of his caliber can offer.
Top Rated Attorney
Gary Conchin holds an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell listing, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for our professionalism and ethics. He is also certified as a Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and has been selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America. He has also been selected by his peers as an Alabama Super Lawyer.
- $42.3 million Verdict for Breach of Contract
- $13 million Verdict for a Wrongful Death
- $5.1 million Verdict for a Wrongful Death
- $2.75 million Verdict for a Wrongful Death
- $2.5 million Verdict for a Wrongful Death
- $2.0 million Verdict for a Wrongful Death
- Plus hundreds more significant settlements on behalf of physically injured or financially damaged individuals and businesses.
Gary V. Conchin was born in Johnson City, Tennessee and attended undergraduate school at David Lipscomb University and the University of Alabama. He attended Birmingham School of Law, graduating in 1979. He was president of his graduating class and an officer in Omicron Delta Kappa. He was admitted to practice in September, 1979 and began litigating matters involving personal injury, wrongful death and business litigation.
- David Lipscomb College, University of Alabama (B.S. 1975)
- Birmingham School of Law, Birmingham, Alabama (J.D. 1979)
- President of Senior Class, Officer Omicron Delta Kappa
- Alabama, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
Professional and community involvement
- Huntsville Madison County Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association, Workers Compensation Section
- Alabama Association for Justice, formerly, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association (Executive Board 1988-present)
- Attorneys Information Group (AIEG)
- The Roscoe Pound Institute (Fellow)
- Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- American Trial Lawyers’ Association Top 100 Trial Attorneys
- National Trial Lawyers’ Association Top 100 Trial Attorneys