Huntsville Train Accidents Lawyer
Train accidents are rare, but they often lead to catastrophic injury or death. Determining liability in a train accident can be a complex process that requires the guidance of a Huntsville train accident attorney. If you or a loved one suffered losses in a train accident, contact the Huntsville personal injury lawyers at Conchin, Cloud, and Cole LLC today to schedule a free case evaluation. Alabama residents come to us for legal representation because:
- We’re dedicated members of our community, and we live to help families just like yours recover millions of dollars in settlements and court judgments.
- We know local laws and regulations that might affect your case and won’t stop fighting for the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
- We prepare your case like it’s going to trial – and will take it there if it means recovering a fair amount for your damages.
Huntsville Train Accident Basics
Train accidents may not be very common, but many of them are preventable. Many accidents that occur at railroad crossings may involve poor maintenance of the tracks, unsafe or negligently marked railroad crossings, or the negligent behavior of a train operator. No matter the cause, railroad accidents are usually fatal or lead to permanently disabling injuries. When a railroad accident occurs as the result of third party negligence, a victim or his or her family may be able to gain compensation for the damages that result.
Liability in a train accident can be very complicated, which highlights the need for a Huntsville train accident lawyer. Often, these claims involve multiple entities or at least a thorough investigation into who is responsible. For example, track maintenance may be the responsibility of a municipal entity, while negligent train operator behavior may be a liability for the private company who employs him or her. The first step in any personal injury case is determining who is responsible for a victim’s injuries, so he or she can pursue compensation from the appropriate party.
Train accidents can involve claims against the government, which can be especially difficult to navigate. These claims require special procedures and may feature a shorter statute of limitations, or deadline for filing a claim. For this reason, victims should consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to start the process of investigating a train accident.
What Causes Train Accidents in Alabama?
Train accidents may occur in several ways. Some of the most common causes of Alabama train accidents include:
- These may occur from negligent track maintenance or the inattention of a locomotive’s operator.
- Patrons or pedestrians sustaining a catastrophic or fatal injury at or near boarding stations
- Hazardous waste material spills from industrial trains, which can cause disease and injury from toxic exposure, explosions, or fire
- Car or truck accidents occurring at rail crossings
- Negligent train maintenance that leads to braking failures or other operational problems, causing head-on collisions or other accidents
Injuries as a Railroad Worker in Huntsville
Lastly, many railroad workers incur injuries as the result of employer or other third-party negligence. Railroad employees injured in the course of performing their job duties may enjoy protections under the Federal Employer’s Liability Act (FELA). This legislation holds employers of railroaders accountable for any negligence that gives rise to injury or death.
Litigating train accidents, whether they involve private residents or railroad employees, requires an extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local law. The Huntsville train accident attorneys at Conchin, Cloud, and Cole LLC help victims of train accidents achieve fair compensation for their injuries, pain, and suffering. For more information about your legal options following a train accident, contact a Huntsville train accident attorney at our firm to schedule a free case review. We offer our services on a contingency-fee basis, which means you’ll only owe train accident lawyer’s fees if we win a case on your behalf.